4. Uranerz Energy (URZ) is a uranium-exploration company that traded at a 52-week high of $2.50 in September 2009. However, the shares dropped after the company announced a financing deal to raise $17 million, which was used to develop mining facilities at its Nichols Ranch project. In June, Uranerz Energy said it is working to obtain operating permits on three uranium mining units in Wyoming.
Altman Z-score: 66.26
Closing Price: $1.23 (Aug. 4)2010 Total Return: -5.4% Current Ratio: 52.36, a strong indication that Uranerz Energy would be able to pay off current liabilities if they came due using current assets. Consensus: Three analysts cover Uranerz Energy, and all have "buy" ratings on the stock, with an average price target of $2.30, almost double the current price. On July 28, Haywood Securities maintained its "sector outperform" rating on the company, equivalent to a "buy."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV