NEW YORK ( TheStreet) - Berkshire Hathaway (BRK.B) CEO Warren Buffett and Microsoft (MSFT) founder Bill Gates are staples of the Forbes annual ranking of the world's billionaires, but this week, the two icons of American capitalism created their own billionaire list.
Buffett and Gates -- whose fortunes were linked when Buffett agreed to donate a majority of his wealth to the Gates Foundation -- have been on a campaign called the Giving Pledge this year, trying to round up billionaires to give away a majority of their wealth to charity. On Wednesday, the list of billionaires matching the Buffett/Gates challenge was released.
(Buffett, notably, fell behind Mexican telecom titan Carlos Slim in this year's ranking of the Forbes billionaires based on his charitable pledges.)
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV