By Sam Collins of InvestorPlace
August began with a triple-digit gain for the Dow Jones Industrial Average as investors rushed to buy more speculative stocks, and the European and Chinese markets also made substantial gains. Yet, this euphoria was followed by disappointing earnings and worse-than-expected economic reports.
In addition, there are a number of technical factors that cast doubt on the sustainability of the current rally. This means that investors should approach August with caution, selecting only the most technically sound stocks. Here is our list of the top stocks to buy for August.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV