The tech bellwether opened seven new Apple stores during the third quarter, bringing its total number of stores to 293. Apple's average revenue per store was $9 million, compared to $5.9 million in the year-ago quarter, and the company expects to open 24 additional stores this quarter.
Apple shares rose $1.50, or 0.57%, to $263.43 in early Wednesday trading, outpacing the broader uptick in tech stocks that saw the Nasdaq rise 0.48%.
-- Reported by James Rogers in New York
Follow James Rogers on Twitter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV