CASMED Reports Second Quarter 2010 And Year-to-Date Financial Results
- FORE-SIGHT revenue for quarter increased by 41% over second quarter of 2009.
- Balance sheet strengthened by $2.0 million of cash from operations year-to-date and $1.9 million private placement.
BRANFORD, Conn., Aug. 4, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- CAS Medical Systems, Inc. (Nasdaq:CASM) today reported second quarter 2010 revenues of $8.2 million, a decrease of $0.4 million, or 4%, compared to revenues of $8.6 million for the second quarter of 2009. The Company reported net income of $8,000, or $0.00 per basic and diluted common share, compared to a net loss of $0.8 million, or ($0.07) per basic and diluted common share, reported for the second quarter of the prior year.
Revenues for the second quarter ended June 30, 2010 were led by increased sales of the Company's FORE-SIGHT ® Absolute Oximeter monitors and sensors. These increases were offset by reductions in sales of certain discontinued products in bedside monitoring and blood pressure cuffs. FORE-SIGHT sales were $1.4 million for the second quarter of 2010, an increase of $0.4 million, or 41%, over the $1.0 million reported for the second quarter of 2009.
Operating income was $13,000 for the second quarter of 2010, compared to an operating loss of $1.2 million for the same period of the prior year, and was generated by improved gross profit levels and lower operating expenses. Gross profit levels as a percentage of sales increased to 38% from 30%, and operating expenses as a percentage of sales improved to 38% from 44% when comparing the second quarter of 2010 to the second quarter of 2009. Gross profits were affected by favorable product mix, including the discontinuation of less profitable product lines, and reduced manufacturing overhead spending and variances. Personnel reductions implemented during 2009, along with other cost cutting measures, were primarily responsible for the reduction in operating expenses of $0.6 million to $3.2 million for the second quarter of 2010 from $3.8 million reported for the second quarter of 2009.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV