ISS Proxy Advisory Services Recommends Stockholders Vote For Wynnefield’s Nominees
The Wynnefield Group, the largest stockholder in Crown Crafts Inc. (NASDAQ: CRWS), today announced that leading independent proxy voting and corporate governance advisory firms ISS Proxy Advisory Services and PROXY Governance, Inc. have recommended that Crown Crafts stockholders vote Wynnefield’s GOLD proxy card in connection with the Company’s August 10, 2010 Annual Meeting of Stockholders.
ISS recommended that Crown Crafts stockholders vote on Wynnefield’s GOLD proxy card for both Wynnefield nominees – Jon C. Biro and Melvin L. Keating. ISS noted that “ both dissident nominees are seasoned executives that have a high degree of finance acumen and multiple public board experience” (emphasis added).
In determining that change is warranted at Crown Crafts, ISS wrote of the management-endorsed Board majority that, “ We have also noted a history of problematic compensation and governance practices which seem poorly aligned with the long-term interests of shareholders” (emphasis added).
In its recommendation for Wynnefield’s nominees, ISS pointed to several factors, including:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV