West Pharmaceutical Services, Inc. Q2 2010 Earnings Call Transcript
Please note that we are using a PowerPoint slide deck that could aid in our discussion this morning. We hope this slide to help you follow our commentary and we will call out the slide number we are referring to during the course of our remarks. For those who are unable to view the slides during the call, the information they contain is covered in both the release and our remarks.
In keeping with our usual agenda, I will begin with an overview of our second quarter results, give an update on several ongoing development programs and summarize our outlook for the remainder of the year. Bill will then discuss our financials in greater detail.
There are three points to capture, where we are at six months end of the year. First, on a positive note, we had a very good first half. Sales growth was a little ahead of our expectations and demand continues to be strong in both operating segments.
Second, the steep rise in the dollar versus the euro during the second quarter and non-recurring H1N1 sales in the second half of the year, when they comparison to 2009 difficult, and finally we are beginning to see tangible results from our investments in our key new product development programs notably the CZ 1 mL syringe and Confidose Auto-injector System. I will provide a little more detail on this program in just a moment.Turning to our second quarter results on Slide number three, West reported revenues of $281.8 million for the quarter representing growth of 8% versus the second quarter of 2009, excluding the effects of currency and contributions from acquisitions; revenue growth was approximately 8.3% on a consolidated basis. Read the rest of this transcript for free on seekingalpha.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV