AmeriCredit Beats Estimates
Net income jumped to $85.5 million, or 61 cents per diluted share, from $31.7 million, or 24 cents a share. Net income for the year rose to $220 million, or $1.65 a per share, compared with a loss of $10.8 million, or 9 cents a share. The figures for the June 2009 quarter and 2009 annual results were revised to reflect a new accounting standard that changed the accounting for convertible bonds.
Revenue declined to $361.67 million from $450.26 million in the year-ago quarter. Analysts were expecting earnings of 40 cents on revenue of $352.3 million.
Origination volumes during the fourth quarter jumped to $906 million from $175 million in the year ago quarter. Finance receivables declined to $8.7 billion from $11.4 billion. Credit quality improved with net charge-offs declining to 4.5% of average finance receivables from 7.1% a year earlier. Provision for loan losses declined 70% to $49.32 million from $174.67 million.The stock is up 1.3% in extended trading. Last month, GM announced its plan to acquire AmeriCredit for $3.5 billion in an all-cash deal, in a move to access subprime borrowers. AmeriCredit shareholders would receive $24.50 a share under the deal, which is expected to close by the end of 2010. -- Reported by Shanthi Venkataraman in New York. Follow TheStreet.com on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV