LookSmart Reports Second Quarter 2010 Results
Capital expenditures, including capitalization of internally developed software, in the second quarter of 2010 were $0.3 million, compared to $0.4 million in the second quarter of 2009, and $1.1 million in the first quarter of 2010. Depreciation and amortization from continuing operations in the second quarter of 2010 was $0.8 million, compared to $0.8 million in the second quarter of 2009 and $0.7 million in the first quarter 2010.
The Company ended the quarter with $25.5 million in cash, cash equivalents, and investments, a decrease of $2.3 million from $27.7 million at December 31, 2009 and an increase of $0.8 million from $24.7 million at March 31, 2010. This increase is primarily related to our positive operating results for the quarter. Net cash provided by operating activities for the three months ended June 30, 2010 was approximately $1.3 million.
Q2 2010 Key Metrics Performance
- Total paid clicks for the second quarter of 2010 were 190 million, compared to 207 million for the second quarter of 2009 and 244 million for the first quarter of 2010.
- Average Advertising Network revenue per click (RPC) for the second quarter of 2010 was $0.064, an increase from $0.058 in the second quarter of 2009 and $0.051 in the first quarter of 2010.
- Traffic acquisition costs (TAC) for LookSmart's Ad Network decreased to 58.1 % from 62.1% in the second quarter of 2009 and 67.5% in the first quarter of 2010.
Conference CallLookSmart will host a conference call today at 5:00 p.m. ET to discuss its second quarter 2010 financial results. Participating on the call will be Dr. Jean-Yves Dexmier, Executive Chairman and Chief Executive Officer and Steve Markowski, Chief Financial Officer. To listen to the call from the US, dial 1-877-407-4018; from outside the US, dial 1-201-689-8471. A telephonic replay of the call will be available until Tuesday, August 17, 2010, 11:59 pm ET. To access the replay from the US, dial 1-877-660-6853 and enter account number 3055, passcode 354294; from outside the US, dial 1-201-612-7415 and enter account number 3055, passcode 354294. The call will also be available live by webcast on LookSmart's Investor Relations website at http://investor.shareholder.com/looksmart/. About LookSmart, Ltd. LookSmart is an online search advertising network solutions company that provides performance solutions for online search advertisers and online publishers. LookSmart offers advertisers targeted, pay-per-click (PPC) search advertising and contextual search advertising via its Advertiser Networks; and an Ad Center platform for customizable private-label advertiser solutions for online publishers. LookSmart is based in San Francisco, California. For more information, visit www.looksmart.com or call 415-348-7500.
|GAAP to Non-GAAP Reconciliation|
|We provide a reconciliation of GAAP net income (loss) to non-GAAP net income (loss) below:|
|Three Months Ended|
|(000's)||June 30, 2010 (unaudited)||March 30, 2010 (unaudited)||June 30, 2009 (unaudited)|
|GAAP net income (loss)||$ 652||$ (517)||$ (1,286)|
|Add: Stock based compensation from continuing operations||163||169||515|
|Add: Income from discontinued operations||(85)||(93)||(130)|
|Add: Impairment charges||--||--||180|
|Non-GAAP net income (loss)||$ 730||$ (441)||$ (721)|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV