Summer Presents Significant Challenges For Painting Houses In Houston
MISSION VIEJO, Calif., Aug. 3 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- James Hardie Building Products Inc. (NYSE: JHX) studied climatic conditions in Houston and found that there was a limited number of days – less than one-third of the year – that were considered good days to paint a home's exterior.(1) As defined by paint manufacturers' application recommendations, a good paint day is one with favorable conditions that allow the paint to be applied in even, consistent layers and cure correctly to achieve optimum performance. Climatic factors such as temperature, wind, humidity, ozone activity and the pollen count are crucial determinants. Painting a house in less-than-ideal weather can produce lackluster results and can result in a house needing to be repainted more frequently, which can cost a homeowner upwards of $5,000 to professionally paint a 3,000 square foot house.(2) Rain, wind and high temperatures can all compromise the integrity of just-applied paint and result in aesthetic or long-term performance issues. To combat Houston's weather obstacles, James Hardie fiber cement products now include ColorPlus® Technology, a baked-on, factory-applied color.
"We have removed the weather and labor variables of the painting process by applying a premium, specially-designed paint in factory-controlled conditions before it arrives onsite," explains John Dybsky, James Hardie Product Manager. "The result is a superior product designed to endure the high humidity and high UV conditions of South Texas."
When the weather conditions are taken into account, finding days with ideal paint conditions can pose a big challenge. Because of the extreme heat, July and August are the least ideal months to paint. Additionally, days when the weather is agreeable are often spread out, meaning that a house could sit half painted for weeks or even months.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV