YRC Worldwide said it had a second-quarter loss of a penny a share, narrower than the Thomson Reuters average estimate for a loss of 8 cents a share. However, revenue fell 8.7% from a year ago to $1.12 billion, slightly below the consensus target of $1.19 billion.
Last month, YRC Worldwide said it expected to swing to a second-quarter pre-tax profit from a first-quarter pre-tax loss.
Shares of YRC Worldwide fell by 3.5 cents, or 8.6%, to 37.5 cents. Volume topped 103.18 million shares, compared to the average daily share volume of 90.18 million.
More on YRC Worldwide
Reverse Splits Are the Pits
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV