YRC Worldwide said it had a second-quarter loss of a penny a share, narrower than the Thomson Reuters average estimate for a loss of 8 cents a share. However, revenue fell 8.7% from a year ago to $1.12 billion, slightly below the consensus target of $1.19 billion.
Last month, YRC Worldwide said it expected to swing to a second-quarter pre-tax profit from a first-quarter pre-tax loss.
Shares of YRC Worldwide fell by 3.5 cents, or 8.6%, to 37.5 cents. Volume topped 103.18 million shares, compared to the average daily share volume of 90.18 million.
More on YRC Worldwide
Reverse Splits Are the Pits
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV