Capitol Bancorp Receives Approval To Consolidate Three Georgia Banks
LANSING, Mich. and PHOENIX, Aug. 2 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Capitol Bancorp Limited (NYSE: CBC) announced today that it has received regulatory and shareholder approval to consolidate Bank of Valdosta, Peoples State Bank and Sunrise Bank of Atlanta. Effective July 30, 2010, all three locations began operating as Sunrise Bank.
Capitol's Chairman and CEO Joseph D. Reid said, "To date, Capitol's consolidation strategy has resulted in a reduction of 34 bank charters into seven. These bank consolidations have positioned us to preserve core capital, strengthen operational efficiencies and enhance risk management oversight."
Leadership for the consolidated bank will be headed by Clinton Dunn, who will serve as the Chairman and CEO of the consolidated bank. Joining Dunn on the executive management team are Matt Stanaland, who will serve as President and Kay Howell, who will serve as the Market President of Jeffersonville.
"We will continue to provide the same great service that our customers have grown accustomed to. At Sunrise Bank, we remain committed to supporting our local communities through community involvement and local decisions," added Dunn.About Capitol Bancorp Limited Capitol Bancorp Limited (NYSE: CBC) is a $5.1 billion national community banking company with a network of separately chartered banks in 15 states. Founded in 1988, Capitol Bancorp Limited has executive offices in Lansing, Michigan, and Phoenix, Arizona. SOURCE Capitol Bancorp Limited
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV