- Operating revenue of US$ 9.9 billion in 2Q10, 45.0% more than the US$ 6.8 billion in 1Q10.
- Operating income, as measured by adjusted EBIT (earnings before interest and taxes), of US$ 4.6 billion in 2Q10, 124.5% above 1Q10.
- Operational margin, as measured by adjusted EBIT margin, increased to 47.9% in 2Q10 from 31.2% in 1Q10.
- Cash generation, as measured by adjusted EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization), rose to US$ 5.6 billion in 2Q10 - the third highest quarterly EBITDA in our history - from US$ 2.9 billion in 1Q10.
- Net earnings of US$ 3.7 billion, equal to US$ 0.70 per share on a fully diluted basis, against US$ 1.6 billion in 1Q10.
- Investments - excluding acquisitions - reached US$ 2.4 billion, with US$ 2.0 billion spent on organic growth.
- First tranche of the minimum dividend for 2010, equal to US$ 1.25 billion or US$ 0.24 per share, paid on April 30.
- Total debt/LTM EBITDA ratio fell below 2x, reaching 1.76x.
Vale's Second Quarter Earnings And Conference Call Announcement
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.