RIO DE JANEIRO, July 30 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Vale (NYSE: VALE) would like to share the highlights of it's Webcast about the company's performance in the 2Q of 2010.
Main highlights of Vale's Webcast:
The main highlights of Vale's performance in 2Q10 were:
- Operating revenue of US$ 9.9 billion in 2Q10, 45.0% more than the US$ 6.8 billion in 1Q10.
- Operating income, as measured by adjusted EBIT (earnings before interest and taxes), of US$ 4.6 billion in 2Q10, 124.5% above 1Q10.
- Operational margin, as measured by adjusted EBIT margin, increased to 47.9% in 2Q10 from 31.2% in 1Q10.
- Cash generation, as measured by adjusted EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization), rose to US$ 5.6 billion in 2Q10 - the third highest quarterly EBITDA in our history - from US$ 2.9 billion in 1Q10.
- Net earnings of US$ 3.7 billion, equal to US$ 0.70 per share on a fully diluted basis, against US$ 1.6 billion in 1Q10.
- Investments - excluding acquisitions - reached US$ 2.4 billion, with US$ 2.0 billion spent on organic growth.
- First tranche of the minimum dividend for 2010, equal to US$ 1.25 billion or US$ 0.24 per share, paid on April 30.
- Total debt/LTM EBITDA ratio fell below 2x, reaching 1.76x.