Vale's Second Quarter Earnings And Conference Call Announcement
RIO DE JANEIRO, July 30 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Vale (NYSE: VALE) would like to share the highlights of it's Webcast about the company's performance in the 2Q of 2010.
Main highlights of Vale's Webcast:
The main highlights of Vale's performance in 2Q10 were:
- Operating revenue of US$ 9.9 billion in 2Q10, 45.0% more than the US$ 6.8 billion in 1Q10.
- Operating income, as measured by adjusted EBIT (earnings before interest and taxes), of US$ 4.6 billion in 2Q10, 124.5% above 1Q10.
- Operational margin, as measured by adjusted EBIT margin, increased to 47.9% in 2Q10 from 31.2% in 1Q10.
- Cash generation, as measured by adjusted EBITDA (earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization), rose to US$ 5.6 billion in 2Q10 - the third highest quarterly EBITDA in our history - from US$ 2.9 billion in 1Q10.
- Net earnings of US$ 3.7 billion, equal to US$ 0.70 per share on a fully diluted basis, against US$ 1.6 billion in 1Q10.
- Investments - excluding acquisitions - reached US$ 2.4 billion, with US$ 2.0 billion spent on organic growth.
- First tranche of the minimum dividend for 2010, equal to US$ 1.25 billion or US$ 0.24 per share, paid on April 30.
- Total debt/LTM EBITDA ratio fell below 2x, reaching 1.76x.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV