BOSTON ( TheStreet) -- Earnings season may be mostly over as more than two-thirds of S&P 500 companies have reported second-quarter results. But for investors in stocks under $5, the fun has just begun.
For those searching for inexpensive stocks ahead of earnings reports this week, sifting through the calendar is a daunting task. According to Bloomberg, almost 500 U.S. companies with stocks that trade at less than $5 will report financial numbers this week.
TheStreet narrowed the list of companies to five, excluding real estate investment trusts (REITs). They are ranked by market value.
5. Warner Music Group (WMG) on the last day of the second quarter announced a partnership with MTV Networks on digital ad sales. MTV will have the exclusive rights to sell advertising inventory around Warner's premium music video content in the U.S. across MTV's digital properties and mobile services as well as on Warner's growing network of proprietary artist sites and third-party affiliate sites.Share Price: $4.69 (July 30 close) Earnings Reporting Date: Aug. 5 (unconfirmed) 2010 Performance: -17.1% Market Value: $724.1 million Analysts' View: Warner Music should report a loss of 36 cents a share, according to a survey of seven analysts by Thomson Reuters. Over the past month, six research firms have cut their earnings per share targets, including Goldman Sachs, Deutsche Bank and Wedbush Securities. In May, Warner Music posted a narrower-than-expected loss of 17 cents a share, and the shares rose 5%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV