4. MediciNova (MNOV) said on May 11 that it entered into a $15 million senior secured term loan with Oxford Finance to continue clinical development of MN-221, its treatment of acute exacerbations of asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). On May 17, MediciNova said its first-quarter loss widened slightly to 42 cents a share from 41 cents a year earlier.
Share Price: $4.84 (July 30 close)
Average Price Target: $13, based on three analyst price targets of $13 each dating to May 12. Based on the average target, analysts see upside potential of 183%.2010 Performance: -31.3% Analysts' View: All five research firms covering MediciNova, including Rodman & Renshaw and Ladenburg Thalmann, rate the stock as a "buy." In May, McNicoll Lewis & Vlak analyst Christopher James said he estimated peak sales of about $840 million for MN-221 in asthma alone. "Thus, COPD could represent a major source of upside," James wrote.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV