Emerging Market ADRs Seen Outperforming
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shanghai Composite Index has gained 2.5% during the last one week after the government revealed that it will keep its policy stable, easing down possible credit tightening fears and ensuring a faster economic growth than the first half of the year. Other gainers include Brazil's Bovespa, up 1.8%, S&P 500, up 0.7% and Dow Jones, adding 1.4%. The only index trading in the negative territory was India's Nifty Index, declining 1.6%.
Few emerging market ADRs have outperformed both domestic and foreign bourses. Among China ADR gainers, HSW International (HSWI) escalated 56.7% during the past one week. The company closed at its 52-week high in Thursday's trading session. Fuwei Films Holdings (FFHL) was up 28.2% after the company announced last week the launch of its new dry film product, which has high global demand and is being manufactured by only two major manufacturers in the Chinese BOPET (plastic films) industry.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV