Buy Fast Cars, Drillers as Growth Slows
The $179 million mutual fund, which buys medium-sized companies, garners a full five stars from Morningstar (MORN). Intrepid Capital Fund has had consistent growth over three and five years -- 6.3% and 6.77%, respectively, landing it in the 98th percentile. It's performing even better this year: The fund is up 6.9%, beating all but 1% of its rivals.
Welcome to TheStreet.com's Fund Manager Five Spot, where America's top mutual fund managers give their best stock picks and views on the market in a five-question format.
What's your view of the economy?Travis: We are in a slow growth environment. We have a lot of leverage in the system, probably three and a half times our gross domestic product of $14 trillion. We are going to have to work it off the hard way, either by repudiating it or paying it down. And consumer sentiment is low because U-6 unemployment
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV