Hydrogenics Reports Second Quarter 2010 Results
MISSISSAUGA, Ontario, July 30, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Hydrogenics Corporation (Nasdaq:HYGS) (TSX:HYG), a leading developer and manufacturer of hydrogen generation and fuel cell products, today reported second quarter 2010 results. Results are reported in U.S. dollars and are prepared in accordance with Canadian generally accepted accounting principles.
- Loss from operations was $1.4 million for the three months ended June 30, 2010, a decrease of 72% from the comparable period in 2009 reflecting improved gross profit and reduced operating expenses. Further cost reductions are anticipated, including moving Hydrogenics' head office to a lower cost premises, taking advantage of the current depressed real estate market.
- Delays in shipments due to customer project delays caused a shift in revenues. As a result, delivery of $7.9 million of orders by three OnSite Generation customers is currently expected to be delivered in the third quarter. Revenues were $2.8 million and $9.5 million for the three and six months ended June 30, 2010, representing decreases of 49% and 14%, respectively, from the comparable periods in 2009.
- Gross profit, expressed as a percentage of revenues, was 30% (versus 15% in 2009), reflecting increased gross profit generated by the Power Systems business unit due to product mix.
- Successfully completed the fourth milestone of the forklift deployment at General Motors of Canada, which contributed $0.6 million of research and product development funding reflected as a decrease in research and product development expenses.
- Cash and cash equivalents, restricted cash and short-term investments were $10.3 million as of June 30, 2010, a $2.8 million sequential quarterly decrease from $13.1 million in the first quarter of 2010.
The Corporation's order backlog as of June 30, 2010 was $19.1 million, of which at least $15.0 million is anticipated to be delivered in the second half of 2010.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV