2. Target: Maybe if they could break through your glass doors and trample people for underpriced goods, consumers would be more enthusiastic about Black Friday in July. Target attempted to recapture some of that post-Thanksgiving spirit last week with an online sale featuring discounts on 500 items including -- stop us if this sounds familiar -- a $100 Blu-Ray player. It's maintaining a Black Friday 2010 page on its website, which leaves the shattered doors open for other such events future, but is funneling most of its holiday efforts into its debit and Visa (V) credit REDcards. Starting in the fall, cardholders will get an automatic 5% discount off of their entire purchase when paying with either of the cards. While incremental, this seems much safer than wishing every day was Black Friday.
5 Reasons to Start Holiday Shopping
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.