3. Toys R Us:The storefront posters of Santa with a surfboard and flip-flops featured in last week's "Christmas in July" sale -- which included holiday-style discounts on Disney (DIS - Get Report) Princess toys and Nintendo games, among other items -- were a bit much. The retailer's "Christmas Savers Club," which allows shoppers to put money onto a gift card through cash or credit card payments, is far more in the spirit of the season. Much like the bank Christmas clubs of a half-century ago, the Toys R Us card accumulates 3% interest as the holiday approaches. Laugh all you want at the shopper socking away $500 in June, but he or she will have spending power three Barbie dolls' greater than the consumer spending the same amount in July. That's just good parenting.
5 Reasons to Start Holiday Shopping
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.