4. Amazon (AMZN - Get Report) and Facebook: Amazon's not decking its "O" with a lighted wreath, and there aren't elf hats on people's Facebook avatars, but a deal announced between the two companies this week could take a lot of the guesswork out of shopping for friends and acquaintances. The deal makes friends' wish lists available for viewing once the accounts are connected and makes product recommendations based on information in their Facebook profiles. While Amazon kept Facebook's "Like" button off its detail pages, friends' product reviews will become more easily accessible. Start wailing about privacy all you want, but your mother who has no idea what you like anymore and your friends who've run out of gag gifts just got a little help this holiday season -- no thanks to you. Ingrate.
5 Reasons to Start Holiday Shopping
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts