First Security Group Announces Second Quarter Results
First Security Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: FSGI), today reported a net loss available to common shareholders of $2.7 million, or $0.17 per diluted share for the second quarter of 2010.
The economic slowdown continues to produce elevated credit costs for many financial institutions including First Security. The provision for loan and lease losses combined with other asset quality expenses significantly impacted the second quarter 2010 results.
“Important work is underway and, in some cases, completed, to better position First Security for short-term challenges and long-term opportunities,” said Rodger B. Holley, Chairman, CEO and President of First Security. “First Security, along with many other banks, is addressing credit issues related to the national and regional economic slowdown and the corresponding increase in unemployment. Although we currently face headwinds due to the current economic environment, we are still focused on First Security’s goal of being the community bank of choice in each market that we serve.”First Security is reengineering to enhance centralized oversight and control while maintaining local knowledge of its markets and thus strengthening First Security’s commitment to superior customer service. Credit functions have been aligned by retail and commercial lines of business with dedicated credit officers and staff supporting each portfolio. Loan underwriting, collections and loan document areas have been centralized to ensure consistency, increase effectiveness and provide higher levels of operational efficiencies.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV