Cytokinetics Inc. Q2 2010 Earnings Call Transcript
As Andy and I will both discuss later in the call, Amgen and Cytokinetics continue to work closely together in the development of only omecamtiv mecarbil as a potential treatment for heart failure. We expect to be initiating in the coming months under Amgen's sponsorship a pharmacokinetic trial of two distinct oral formulations of omecamtiv mecarbil in a stable heart failure patients as well as an additional study of an oral form of our drug candidate in renally comprised patients.
Moreover, we are together putting the finishing touches on the protocol for our phase IIB trial intended to evaluate the intravenous form of only omecamtiv mecarbil in more acutely ill heart failure patients. Overall, in the second quarter Cytokinetics continued to execute well against clinical development timelines with the goal of progressing our therapeutic pipeline and importantly doing so in a physically responsible way.
I now would like to turn the call over to Andy to elaborate on the specific clinical progress achieved during the last quarter in our respective drug development programs and to provide some insights into our plans for the future.
Andy WolffThank you, Robert. The second quarter was a busy one as our activities starting on advancing our redrug candidate from our skeletal muscle activator program CK-357 into phase IIa evidenced of effect trial designed and conducted by Cytokinetics. In the last quarter, we initiated dosing in our phase IIa evidence of the effect clinical trial of CK-357 and patients with ALS. You may recall that this trial is a double blind randomized placebo controlled treat carrying crossover, pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic trail of CK-357 in at least 36 and of the 72 male and female patients with ALS. Read the rest of this transcript for free on seekingalpha.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV