Northfield Bancorp, Inc. Announces Second Quarter 2010 Results
Notable Items Include:
- 100% increase in earnings per share to $0.10 for the quarter ended June 30, 2010, compared to $0.05 for the same quarter in 2009; 64% increase in earnings per share to $0.18 for the six months ended June 30, 2010, compared to $0.11 for the same period in 2009
- 15% increase in net interest income for both the quarter and six months ended June 30, 2010 as compared to the comparable periods of 2009
- 6% increase in total loans compared to 2009 year end
- Capital strong at 18.1% of total assets
- Efficiency ratio improved to 47.56% for the quarter ended June 30, 2010 compared to 58.99% for the quarter ended June 30, 2009; efficiency ratio improved to 51.62% for the sixth months ended June 30, 2010 compared to 57.90% for the six months ended June 30, 2009
- Allowance for loan losses increases 24%, year to date, to $19.1 million, representing 2.47% of total loans at June 30, 2010
- Annualized net charge-offs represent 0.44% of average loans for the quarter ended June 30, 2010, compared to annualized net charge-offs of 0.54% of average loans for the quarter ended June 30, 2009
- Nonperforming loans total $51.5 million compared to $50.0 million at March 31, 2010, and $41.8 million at December 31, 2009
AVENEL, N.J., July 28, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Northfield Bancorp, Inc. (Nasdaq:NFBK), the holding company for Northfield Bank, reported basic and diluted earnings per common share of $0.10 and $0.18 for the quarter and six months ended June 30, 2010, respectively, as compared to $0.05 and $0.11 for the quarter and six months ended June 30, 2009, respectively.
Commenting on the second quarter results, John W. Alexander, the Company's Chairman and Chief Executive Officer noted, "We continue to focus on producing solid earnings by effectively deploying capital, prudently growing loans, and managing risk to protect and generate returns to our stockholders. Our capital continues to significantly exceed that required to be considered "well capitalized" for regulatory purposes, despite the lingering effects of this difficult economic cycle, and weak loan demand. Although we continue to experience elevated levels of loan delinquencies, our underwriting and focus on real estate lending in our marketplace have resulted in a relatively low level of net charge-offs. We continue to be proactive in resolving troubled loans, and are working to maximize collectibility while we work with those borrowers who have a desire to meet their obligations."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV