US Ecology, Inc. Q2 2010 Earnings Call Transcript
For the second quarter of 2010, net income was $2.3 million or $0.13 per diluted share as compared to $3.5 million or $0.19 per diluted share in the same quarter last year. To help with this quarter’s earnings in perspective, we estimate that Honeywell contributed $0.09 per share for the second quarter of 2009. So our core business excluding Honeywell generated $0.13 per share which was actually 30% better than the EPS generated in the same quarter last year excluding Honeywell again.
Q2 2010 was also better than Q1 of 2010. When we posted $0.10 per share compared to the $0.13 in Q2. With that quick overview, I’ll turn the call back to Jeff to provide a more detailed overview of the financial results released earlier today.
Thank you. Jim. As you can see on slide six of today’s presentation, second quarter 2010 revenue was $19.8 million as compared to $36.4 million in the same quarter last year. This reflects an 83% quarter-over-quarter decline in transportation service revenue and a 19% decline in treatment and disposal revenue.Declines in total revenue were primarily a result of the completion of the Honeywell in in October 2009. Honeywell contribute to $18.5 million in total revenue or 51% of total revenue in the second quarter of 2009. Excluding the Honeywell revenue contribution from the second quarter of 2009, total revenue in the second quarter of 2010 was up 11% from the same quarter last year.As Jim noted, treatment and disposal revenue from recurring customers or base business increased 7% in the second quarter of 2010 over the same quarter last year. An increased shipments from our refinery, other industry, government and broker paid customers. Event business was 48% lower in the second quarter of 2010 than the same quarter last year reflecting the completion of the Honeywell project.Read the rest of this transcript for free on seekingalpha.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV