Built by Florida-based technology manufacturer Augen, the 7-inch tablet made its debut in a Kmart circular. If initial feedback is anything to go by, the device is already flying out of stores.
Kmart's store in East Brunswick, N.J. had just one of the Augen-branded tablets left when contacted by TheStreet on Tuesday. The retailer's stores in New York City, which were not included in the circular, told TheStreet that they may try and get hold of the tablets, explaining that at least 16 people had called about the device.
Kmart is hardly renowned as an electronics retailer, although the Sears (SHLD) subsidiary is clearly looking to lure new customers with Augen's GENTOUCH78 product. A brief note on the Kmart Web site touts the device for reading e-books, watching videos and listening to music.Priced at $149.99, the tablet is available through July 31, according to Kmart. Augen's own Web site describes the device as a "sleek" Tablet offering "a full Web browsing experience." Other features include 2-Gbytes of memory and a color touchscreen, while wireless connectivity is provided via Wi-Fi.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV