These two schools of thought postulating opposite directions on China's real estate market have increased the volatility in the commodity markets. "Within China, measures introduced to reduce growth to more sustainable levels means volatility in commodity end-demand is likely to persist," noted BHP Billiton (BHP) in a press release last week. Another mining giant, Rio Tinto (RTP) is also cautious on the commodity outlook, as the markets still have to take a direction based on cues from China's real estate.Chinese real estate companies listed on U.S. exchanges, Xinyuan Real Estate (XIN), China Housing & Land Development (CHLN), and E-House (China) Holdings (EJ) are down 38.7%, 42.6% and 6.95%, respectively, year to date.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV