STOCKS MOVE HIGHER ON GOOD NEWS
Monday started well for stocks continuing a rally from the previous three trading days. A good outlook from FedEx and better than expected New Home Sales data got bulls pumped-up. (Previously, all economic data was ignored.) The only fly in the ointment today was ultra-light volume and short-term overbought conditions.
Market participants want stocks to rise since they have little investment alternative other than low-yielding fixed income sectors. If you're a portfolio manager it's just that simple. Further, we head in to the end of July with enough good performance to send DJIA to positive return for 2010. So, with outflows from equity mutual funds continuing end of the month window dressing and volume light TPTB want to provide Main Street more encouragement. Yeah, that's pretty cynical.SPY: The volume is still rolling in as this is written with an extra 30M shares in the last 20 minutes to make things look more respectable. But weekly charts haven't turned the corner for me yet and I'm forced to pay up to play when and if they do. Continue to Major U.S. Markets
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV