NEW YORK (TheStreet) -TheStreet Ratings' stock model upgraded Philips Electronics (PHG) to 'Buy' from 'Hold'. This consumer products company outperformed expectations in the second quarter as soccer fanatics worldwide purchased new, wide-screen television sets ahead of the 2010 World Cup.
TheStreet Ratings released rating changes on 14 additional U.S. common stocks for July 23, 2010. In total, just three stocks were downgraded and 12 stocks have been upgraded by our stock model. The stock model's generally bullish trend continues for second quarter earnings season.
The net income at Philips Electronics increased by 500% when compared to the same quarter one year prior. Over the same period, revenues rose by 12% to $7.9 billion. Shares in this company have responded climbing 48.5% in one year.
Also being upgraded by our stock model to 'Buy' from 'Hold' is Data I/O Corp (DAIO). This device programming company reported a 69% increase in quarterly sales over the second quarter of 2009 with net income jumping by 226%.-- Reported by Kevin Baker in Jupiter, Fla.
For additional Investment Research check out our Ratings Research Center.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV