QGRD -- up 6.24 percent from the previous week -- is composed of companies that are primarily involved in the electric grid; electric meters, devices, and networks; energy storage and management; and enabling software used by the smart grid and electric infrastructure sector. Of QGRD's 21 pure play components, 18 experienced gains, two saw losses, and one ended the week unchanged.
QGRD's best pure play performer was ESCO Technologies (ESE), up 21.12 for the week.
Rounding out the top five pure play performers were Power-One (PWER) , growing 20 percent; demand energy management firm Comverge (COMV), rising 14.62 percent; electrical infrastructure contractor MYR Group (MYRG), 13.26 percent higher; and electrical equipment manufacturer AZZ (AZZ) , rising 12.04percent.
QGRD's worst performers included energy storage technology developer NGK Insulators (53330) , losing 3.81 percent; Itron (ITRI), down 3.77 percent; Italy-based energy cable provider Prysmian (PRY) , unchanged for the week; renewable energy inverter maker SMA Solar Technology (S92), up 1.08 percent; and transformer, substation, and switchgear maker Jinpan International (JST) , higher by 1.34 percent.This information is not intended to be used as a guide to investing, and the authors make no guarantees that any investments based on the information contained herein will benefit you in specific applications, owing to the risk that is involved in investing of almost any kind. For more on Clean Edge's stock indexes - including methodology, components, historical performance, financial products and licensing information, please visit www.cleanedge.com/ceindex.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV