Calls to Good Times seeking comment were returned via email. "Pursuant to our announcement earlier this year that we are seeking investment alternatives to increase shareholder value, we are not able to speak to the media at this time," the email to
Elsewhere in the fast food sector McDonald's (MCD) last week posted double-digit profit gains for its recent quarter, beating Wall Street's expectations as its low-priced Dollar Menu and expanded coffee drink offerings buoyed sales. Rival Burger King Holdings (BKC) booked top- and bottom-line declines in its most recent quarter, which CEO John Chidsey said was a result of high levels of unemployment.
In May, Good Times said it lost $1.2 million, or 31 cents per share, in its second quarter ended March 31. In the year-earlier period Good Times had lost just $481,000, or 13 cents per share. The fast food chain also posted a 9.3% decline in quarterly revenues to $4.9 million. Good Times is expected to report its current quarter financials on August 30.
-- Reported by Miriam Marcus Reimer from New York.
>>See our new stock quote page. Follow Miriam Marcus Reimer on Twitter and become a fan of TheStreet on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV