Clarus Corporation (Nasdaq: BDE) (the “Company”), a leading developer, manufacturer and distributor of outdoor equipment and lifestyle products, reminds stockholders that its 2010 Annual Meeting of Stockholders (the “Meeting”) will be held at 8:00 a.m. Mountain Daylight Time on Thursday, August, 5, 2010 at the Company’s offices located at 2084 East 3900 South, Salt Lake City, Utah 84124. Stockholders of record at the close of business on June 24, 2010 are entitled to vote at the Meeting.
The Meeting is being held for the following purposes:
- To elect the seven nominees named in the proxy statement filed by the Company with the Securities and Exchange Commission (the “Proxy Statement”) to serve on the Company’s Board of Directors until the next Annual Meeting of Stockholders and until their successors are duly elected and qualified;
- To approve an amendment to the Company’s Amended and Restated Certificate of Incorporation, as amended, to change the Company’s name from Clarus Corporation to “Black Diamond Equipment, Inc.”;
- To approve an amendment to the Company’s Amended and Restated Bylaws, as amended, to eliminate stockholder supermajority vote requirements for certain bylaw amendments;
- To re-approve the material terms of the performance goals in the Clarus Corporation 2005 Stock Incentive Plan pursuant to Section 162(m) of the Internal Revenue Code of 1986, as amended (the “Code”), and to approve an amendment to the Clarus Corporation 2005 Stock Incentive Plan limiting the maximum aggregate number of incentive stock options that may be awarded under the plan pursuant to Section 422 of the Code; and
- To transact such other business as may properly come before the Meeting, including to consider any procedural matters incident to the conduct of the Meeting, such as the postponement of the Meeting in order to solicit additional proxies to vote in favor of the matter presented at the Meeting.
The Company has filed a Proxy Statement in connection with the Meeting. Stockholders are urged to read the Proxy Statement for additional information regarding the foregoing proposals, including the vote requirements for their approval. If a stockholder has not yet received a copy of the Company’s proxy materials, including the Proxy Statement and form of proxy, a stockholder may obtain a free copy of the proxy materials at the Company’s website at
or may request a copy of the proxy materials by contacting our proxy solicitor,
MacKenzie Partners, Inc. at (800) 322-2885 toll-free or by email at
Any stockholder entitled to vote who has not yet voted is encouraged to do so.
The Company, its directors and executive officers may be deemed to be participants in the Company’s solicitation of its stockholders in connection with the Meeting. The names and direct or indirect interests of the current directors and executive officers of the Company are set forth in the Proxy Statement. Additional information regarding the Company’s directors, executive officers and director nominees is included in the Proxy Statement.