Vanguard Telecom Services ETF (VOX) is rising 1.3% on Friday forenoon trading. The fund has a 20% exposure to AT&T and an 18% holding in Verizon.
Telecom HOLDRS (TTH) is also up 1.3%, although it has an even more concentrated exposure to the telecom service providers. Together the two stocks account for 83% of the fund's portfolio.
Shares of AT&T and Verizon were up 0.8% and 4.1% respectively on Friday morning trading.Health care and pharmaceutical ETFs were heading lower on Friday morning. PowerShares Dynamic Pharmaceutical Sector (PJP) was lower by 0.5%. Its top holdings include Johnson & Johnson (JNJ), Merck (MRK) and Abbott Laboratories (ABT). -- Reported by Shanthi Venkataraman in New York. Follow TheStreet.com on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV