5 Stocks Setting New 52-Week Highs
By Jeff Reeves of
There's a theory on Wall Street that a stock setting new high will continue to do so for a while -- and that stocks setting new 52-week lows will continue to plumb the depths. This kind of momentum is partially technical but also largely driven by big news including buyouts, big sales deals or other attention-grabbing headlines.
To help you get on the right side of these momentum plays, here's a list of five big name stocks setting new 52-week highs lately. But please note than when it comes to 52-week highs there are sometimes as many reasons to be wary as there are reasons to think the profits will keep flowing.
Some stocks surge after an acquisition and will soon stop trading. Others have big short interest, which means many are betting on a flop to occur soon.Keep in mind that these stocks here are not recommendations, just picks up against new highs as of this writing.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV