In a short statement released before market open, Apple explained that it has been forced to further delay the phone's availability.
"White models of Apple's new iPhone 4 have continued to be more challenging to manufacture than we originally expected," it said. "As a result, they will not be available until later this year."
Manufacturing issues already forced Apple to
delay availability of the white iPhone once. Last month, a day before the black version of the new phone was due to hit stores, Apple revealed the white iPhone would not be available until the second half of July.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV