This Day On The Street
Continue to site
This account is pending registration confirmation. Please click on the link within the confirmation email previously sent you to complete registration.
Need a new registration confirmation email? Click here

Banco Santander S.A. Announces Completion Of Tender Offer For Shares Of Santander BanCorp

MADRID, July 23 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Banco Santander S.A. ("Banco Santander", NYSE: STD) today announced the completion of the tender offer by its wholly-owned subsidiary, Administracion de Bancos Latinoamericanos Santander, S.L. ("ABLASA"), for all outstanding shares of common stock of Santander BanCorp (NYSE: SBP) not owned by ABLASA at US$12.69 per share.

As previously announced, the offer expired at 12:00 midnight, New York City time, on July 22, 2010. Based on information provided by BNY Mellon Shareowner Services, the depositary for the tender offer, as of the close of business on the expiration date of the tender offer, 3,660,936 Santander BanCorp shares were validly tendered (including 93,058 shares tendered by notice of guaranteed delivery) and not withdrawn. The tendered shares represent approximately 7.8% of Santander BanCorp's outstanding shares of common stock. Together with the 90.6% of the outstanding shares already held by ABLASA, ABLASA now holds a total of approximately 45,902,274 shares or 98.4% of the 46,639,104 Santander BanCorp shares outstanding. All Santander BanCorp shares that were validly tendered and not withdrawn immediately prior to the expiration of the tender offer have been accepted by ABLASA for payment. ABLASA will purchase and pay for all such shares promptly.

ABLASA intends to promptly acquire the remaining publicly held shares of Santander BanCorp through a short-form merger under Puerto Rico law with the completion of the merger anticipated to occur on or about July 29, 2010. As a result of the merger, any remaining shares of Santander BanCorp common stock will be cancelled pursuant to the merger in consideration for the same offer price of $12.69 cash paid in the tender offer, without interest and less any required withholding taxes (other than shares of Santander BanCorp common stock for which appraisal rights are validly exercised under Puerto Rico law). Upon completion of the merger, Santander BanCorp will become a wholly owned subsidiary of Banco Santander, its shares will cease to be traded on the New York Stock Exchange, and Santander BanCorp will no longer be required to file certain information and periodic reports with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.

SOURCE Banco Santander S.A.

Copyright 2009 PR Newswire. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Check Out Our Best Services for Investors

Action Alerts PLUS

Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.

Product Features:
  • $2.5+ million portfolio
  • Large-cap and dividend focus
  • Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Quant Ratings

Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.

Product Features:
  • Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
  • Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
  • A custom stock screener
Stocks Under $10

David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.

Product Features:
  • Model portfolio
  • Stocks trading below $10
  • Intraday trade alerts
14-Days Free
Only $9.95
14-Days Free
Dividend Stock Advisor

David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.

Product Features:
  • Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
  • Updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
Trifecta Stocks

Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutiny—quantitative, fundamental and technical analysis—to maximize profit potential and minimize risk.

Product Features:
  • Model Portfolio
  • Intra Day Trade alerts
  • Access to Quant Ratings
Real Money

More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.

Product Features:
  • Access to Jim Cramer's daily blog
  • Intraday commentary and news
  • Real-time trading forums
Only $49.95
14-Days Free
14-Days Free
AAPL $95.03 -2.90%
FB $116.73 7.20%
GOOG $691.02 -2.10%
TSLA $247.54 -1.60%
YHOO $36.59 -0.97%


Chart of I:DJI
DOW 17,830.76 -210.79 -1.17%
S&P 500 2,075.81 -19.34 -0.92%
NASDAQ 4,805.2910 -57.85 -1.19%

Free Reports

Top Rated Stocks Top Rated Funds Top Rated ETFs