Encore Bancshares Reports Second Quarter 2010 Net Loss Of $12.7 Million, Or $1.16 Per Diluted Share
HOUSTON, July 23, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Encore Bancshares, Inc. (Nasdaq:EBTX) today announced its financial results for the second quarter of 2010.
Earnings significantly reduced by credit costs associated with exiting Florida
- Net commercial loan charge-offs of $13.2 million in the Florida portfolio
- Write down of loans held for sale of $2.8 million
- Florida legacy commercial loans reduced to $56.2 million
- Closed sale of two Florida branches in May, which included $50.5 million in deposits
- Final Florida exit transaction remains on track
- Loans held for sale of $70.6 million
Capital position and credit reserves remain strong
- Deposits held for sale of $184.1 million
- Estimated tier 1 capital of 14.59% and tangible common equity ratio of 6.80%
- Allowance for loan losses of 2.74% of loans, excluding loans held for sale
- DDA growth of 17.1%, linked quarter
- DDA as a percent of total deposits in Texas grew to 18%
- Total Texas deposits top $1.0 billion at June 30, 2010
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV