OceanFirst Financial Corp. Announces Growth In Deposits, Loans, Revenue And Earnings Per Share
TOMS RIVER, N.J., July 22, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- OceanFirst Financial Corp. (Nasdaq:OCFC) , the holding company for OceanFirst Bank, today announced that diluted earnings per share increased to $.27 for the quarter ended June 30, 2010 as compared to $.24 in the prior linked quarter and $.26 for the corresponding prior year period. Other growth highlights for the quarter ended June 30, 2010 include:
- Deposits increased $158.9 million during the quarter of which $156.6 million was growth in core deposits, defined as all deposits excluding time deposits.
- Loans receivable, net increased $27.3 million during the quarter of which $26.2 million was growth in commercial loans.
- Total revenue (net interest income and total other income) increased to $23.3 million for the quarter ended June 30, 2010 as compared to $21.9 million for the prior linked quarter and $20.3 million for the corresponding prior year quarter.
The Company also announced that its Board of Directors declared the quarterly cash dividend on common stock of $.12 per share - covering the three month period ended June 30, 2010 - to be paid on August 13, 2010, to common shareholders of record on August 2, 2010.
CEO John R. Garbarino reflected on the growth: "We are gratified with the across the board growth over both the linked and prior year periods. Our Company continues to maintain its strengthened capital position with Tangible Common Equity Capital of 8.78%. We are also pleased to declare our fifty-fourth consecutive quarterly common stock cash dividend, representing a current attractive yield for our shareholders."Results of Operations Net interest income for the three and six months ended June 30, 2010 increased to $19.7 million and $38.7 million, respectively, as compared to $16.2 million and $31.8 million, respectively, in the same prior year periods, reflecting a higher net interest margin and higher levels of interest-earning assets. The net interest margin increased to 3.78% and 3.77%, respectively, for the three and six months ended June 30, 2010 from 3.56% and 3.52%, respectively, in the same prior year periods. The yield on interest-earning assets decreased to 4.96%, for both the three and six months ended June 30, 2010, as compared to 5.33% and 5.37%, respectively, in the same prior year periods. The cost of interest-bearing liabilities decreased to 1.31% and 1.33%, respectively, for the three and six months ended June 30, 2010, as compared to 2.00% and 2.08%, respectively, in the same prior year periods. Average interest-earning assets increased by $266.9 million and $242.0, respectively, for the three and six months ended June 30, 2010 as compared to the same prior year periods. The increase was in average mortgage-backed securities which increased $266.8 million and $249.0, respectively, for the three and six months ended June 30, 2010.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV