By Roberto Pedone
WINDERMERE, Fla. (Stockpickr) -- Technical analysis can be a great asset to investors who want to determine what the trend of the market or a stock is before they throw down hard-earned money. Consulting the charts can help you spot important market action before it happens, preparing you to follow the trend and make the right trade.
Technical analysis is a method of evaluating securities by relying on the assumption that market data, such as charts of price and volume, can help to predict future market trends. Technical analysis will help guide you to discovering the chart patterns that offer the highest probability of success.
For instance, if we're going into a bear market, technical analysis can help you avoid stocks until you see some signs of stabilization or consolidation. And combining technical analysis with fundamental analysis will give you an edge over other market participants.Currently, a number of market technicians want to see the Dow Jones Industrial Average break above 10,600 in order to reverse the current market downtrend that has many investors worried that a larger bear market is looming. A move over 10,600 would indicate that the uptrend is back on track. Here's a look at some compelling charts that are piquing the interest of the Stockpickr community.
|More on Stockpickr|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV