FFC And FLC Announce Increased Monthly Dividends
The Boards of Directors of Flaherty & Crumrine/Claymore Preferred Securities Income Fund Incorporated (NYSE: FFC) and Flaherty & Crumrine/Claymore Total Return Fund Incorporated (NYSE: FLC) have approved new dividend amounts on their common stock as detailed below.
The new monthly dividend rate for FFC will be $0.125 per share, which equates to an annual dividend of $1.50 per share. This new monthly dividend represents an increase of approximately 4.2% over the prior monthly dividend.
The new monthly dividend rate for FLC will be $0.132 per share, which equates to an annual dividend of $1.584 per share. This new monthly dividend represents an increase of approximately 5.6% over the prior monthly dividend.
These dividend rates will be effective with the dividends to be paid on August 31, 2010. Record and expected ex-dividend dates will be announced early next month.FFC and FLC were organized in 2003 as closed-end, diversified investment companies. FFC invests primarily in preferred securities with an investment objective of high current income consistent with preservation of capital. FLC invests primarily in preferred and other income-producing securities with a primary investment objective of high current income and a secondary objective of capital appreciation. FFC and FLC are managed by Flaherty & Crumrine Incorporated, an independent investment adviser which was founded in 1983 to specialize in the management of portfolios of preferred and related securities. Flaherty & Crumrine also manages two other U.S. closed-end funds: Flaherty & Crumrine Preferred Income Fund (NYSE: PFD); and Flaherty & Crumrine Preferred Income Opportunity Fund (NYSE: PFO). Website: www.fcclaymore.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV