NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -TheStreet Ratings' stock model downgraded Coca-Cola Bottling Co (COKE) to 'Hold' from 'Buy'. This beverage company reported quarterly net income of $4.7 million, or 45.4% below the same quarter last year. The company also exceeds its industry average with a high debt-to-equity ratio of 5.24.
TheStreet Ratings released rating changes on 16 additional U.S. common stocks for July 19, 2010. In all, 10 stocks were downgraded and seven stocks have been upgraded by our stock model.
Shares of Coca-Cola Bottling have been trending lower since late March falling from the $60 level to the mid-40's. Technical weakness in the shares contributed to the downgrade.
The upgraded to 'Buy' from 'Hold' today in Bowl America (BWL.A) bodes well not just for this company but for the entire U.S. economy as it may signal a return to discretionary spending on entertainment. Stock in this bowling alley company, which has no debt and pays a dividend yield of 4.7%, climbed 11% in the last month attempting to break out of a recent trading range.-- Reported by Kevin Baker in Jupiter, Fla.
For additional Investment Research check out our Ratings Research Center.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV