Innospec Extends Scope Of Sustainable Development Program
NEWARK, Del., July 20, 2010 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Innospec Inc. (Nasdaq:IOSP) has further extended the scope of its Sustainable Development program, details of which were published today in its 2009 Sustainable Development Report.
"We have been reporting a standard set of measures around the safety, health and environmental performances of all of our manufacturing sites for eleven years now," said Patrick Williams, President & CEO.
"Given the importance of climate change, we started to measure the CO2 and greenhouse gas impacts of our manufacturing operations in 2004, so that we were able to identify improvements. I'm delighted to report that, in 2009, we have taken the first steps to extend this and look at the impact of our products themselves."He continued, "This will be part of a process to look at the environmental impact of many of our products, with a view to defining not only the greenhouse gases created in their manufacture, but also the benefits they bring about in use. "In the meantime, I'm pleased to report significant improvement in many of our targets. Not only has our continued focus on safety meant that we have now worked 6.4 million man hours without an employee lost time accident, but we have also achieved:
- 27% reduction in water consumption (256,000 tonnes) companywide
- 22% reduction of soluble organic lead to water from our site at Ellesmere Port, UK
- 26% reduction in total organic carbon from our site at Vernon, France
- 75% reduction in chemical oxygen demand from our site in Herne, Germany
- 6.2% reduction in CO2 from our site in Spencer, NC, USA."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV