CUPERTINO, Calif. ( TheStreet) -- With Apple's Antennagate casting haze over the company's stock for much of last week, Apple (AAPL) reversed the trend when it reported third quarter earnings at the market close Tuesday.
Bolstered by strong iPhone and Mac sales, Apple trounced targets, posting $3.51 per share, up from the profit of $2.01 in the year-ago period and well above analysts' estimates calling for earnings of $3.11, according to Yahoo! Finance.
Sales for the fiscal third quarter ended last month were $15.7 billion, up nearly double from the $8.34 revenue lever last year, and a whopping $1 billion above analysts' estimates calling for sales of $14.7 billion.Apple's results were driving shares upward in afterhours trading by more than 3% to $259.27. Read TheStreet's live blog of Apple's earnings conference call. And by all means, chime in and let us know what's on your mind regarding Apple and our coverage. --Blog written by Scott Moritz and James Rogers
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV