NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Technology and financial ETFs were under pressure on Tuesday morning after IBM (IBM) and Goldman Sachs (GS) missed revenue estimates, disappointing investors. Both stocks were down more than 4% in morning trading.
Internet Architecture HOLDRS (IAH) shed 2.8%. The fund has about 32% of its portfolio invested in IBM.
Regional bank stocks were being punished on Tuesday as many regionals prepare to declare results this week. The iShares Dow Jones Regional Banks Index (IAT) was down 2.2%. Shares of U.S. Bancorp (USB), its largest holding at 19% of the portfolio, are down 1.6%. Shares of BB&T (BBT) and PNC Financial Services (PNC) were also trending lower on Tuesday.The iShares Dow Jones US Brokers-Dealers (IAI), the ETF which offers the largest exposure to Goldman Sachs at 10% of its portfolio, slipped 0.9% in forenoon trading. -- Reported by Shanthi Venkataraman in New York. Follow TheStreet.com on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV