RELM Wireless KNG P25 Mobile Radio Receives FCC Authorization
WEST MELBOURNE, Fla., July 20 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- RELM Wireless Corporation (NYSE: AMEX: RWC) announced today that its newest P25 digital mobile radio, the BK Radio KNG M150, has received equipment authorization from the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) for use in the United States. The KNG M150 provides interoperability under the Project 25 standard (P25) established by the Association of Public-Safety Communications Officials - International (APCO).
The KNG M150, operating in the VHF frequency band (136–174MHz), joins the KNG portable radio models in addressing the requirements of government and public safety professionals. It offers an impressive array of features in a sleek, compact package, including:
- touch-screen operation, an industry-first
- 110 watts of transmit power
- high-output receiver audio
- 2,048 channels
- P25 trunking and conventional configurations
- GPS capability
- AMBE Plus II Vocoder for maximum audio quality and noise reduction
- Class-A performance and exceptional durability.
RELM President and CEO David Storey commented, "The authorization of the KNG M150 by the FCC is an important step for RELM. We are excited about this mobile radio and believe prospective customers will be as well, with its extensive feature-set and world-class performance. Designed to address users' demand for smaller units with class-A performance specifications, the KNG P150 is important for the future of our KNG product line."
About APCO Project 25 (P25)APCO Project 25 (P25), which requires interoperability among compliant equipment regardless of the manufacturer, was established by the Association of Public-Safety Communications Officials and is approved by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. The shift toward interoperability gained momentum as a result of significant communications failures during events such as the 9/11 attacks and Hurricane Katrina. RELM was one of the first manufacturers to develop P25-compliant technology.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV