NNS Holding Reaches Agreement With Texas Industries
NNS Holding, the largest stockholder of Texas Industries, Inc. (NYSE: TXI), today announced that it has reached an important agreement with TXI regarding its shareholder rights plan and NNS Holdings’ stock ownership.
Under the agreement, TXI will increase the ownership limit under its shareholder rights plan from 15% to 20%, and will terminate the plan altogether on December 31, 2010. NNS Holding agreed to not acquire more than 20% of TXI’s shares and to other customary standstill restrictions until December 31, 2011.
“This agreement will create value for all stockholders and restore
investor confidence,” said Nassef Sawiris, a director of NNS Holding.
Mr. Sawiris continued “the actions taken by TXI management and its board
of directors to address our concerns will position TXI for improved
performance and corporate governance, and properly position its stock in
the market. TXI operates in a competitive and dynamic global industry
which is undergoing consolidation. As a long-term stockholder in TXI, we
are pleased that TXI management and its board of directors have removed
obstacles which had impaired stockholder value.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV