NNS Holding Reaches Agreement With Texas Industries
NNS Holding, the largest stockholder of Texas Industries, Inc. (NYSE: TXI), today announced that it has reached an important agreement with TXI regarding its shareholder rights plan and NNS Holdings’ stock ownership.
Under the agreement, TXI will increase the ownership limit under its shareholder rights plan from 15% to 20%, and will terminate the plan altogether on December 31, 2010. NNS Holding agreed to not acquire more than 20% of TXI’s shares and to other customary standstill restrictions until December 31, 2011.
“This agreement will create value for all stockholders and restore
investor confidence,” said Nassef Sawiris, a director of NNS Holding.
Mr. Sawiris continued “the actions taken by TXI management and its board
of directors to address our concerns will position TXI for improved
performance and corporate governance, and properly position its stock in
the market. TXI operates in a competitive and dynamic global industry
which is undergoing consolidation. As a long-term stockholder in TXI, we
are pleased that TXI management and its board of directors have removed
obstacles which had impaired stockholder value.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV