State Bancorp, Inc. Reports Second Quarter 2010 Results
At June 30, 2010, the Company had a $6.5 million secured, performing land loan in Roslyn, New York considered to be a troubled debt restructuring and classified. The borrower requested and was granted an interest rate concession. This credit has been on the Company's watch list since 2008. The loan is fully advanced and well secured with respect to the collateral value.
As of June 30, 2010, the Company's allowance for loan losses amounted to $31 million or 2.8% of period-end loans outstanding. The allowance as a percentage of loans outstanding was 2.5% at June 30, 2009 and 2.3% at March 31, 2010.
The Company recorded net loan recoveries of $279 thousand in the second quarter of 2010 versus net charge-offs of $1 million in the second quarter of 2009 and $5 million in the first quarter of 2010. As a percentage of average total loans outstanding, these net amounts represented, on an annualized basis, (0.1)% for the second quarter of 2010, 0.5% for the second quarter of 2009 and 2.0% for the first quarter of 2010.
The Company has held no other real estate owned since 2005.Capital Total stockholders' equity was $153 million at June 30, 2010 compared to $149 million at June 30, 2009 and $152 million at March 31, 2010. The increase in stockholders' equity versus June 30, 2009 is largely reflective of net income earned in the six months ended June 30, 2010 and the equity recorded as a result of the December 2009 exchange of the Company's $10 million 8.25% subordinated notes for an aggregate of 1,656,600 shares of common stock valued at $6.50 each, partially offset by the net loss recorded in the second half of 2009. The Company's return on average common stockholders' equity was 6.39% for the first six months of 2010 versus (8.91%) in the June 2009 year-to-date period.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV