(NYSE: XRX) new
Color 800/1000 Presses
have made a great first impression as printers around the world install the devices to produce vivid images on a wide range of paper stocks.
The systems, printing 80 and 100 pages per minute respectively, are ideal for print service providers looking to expand their digital businesses to produce sophisticated, full-color applications including
“This is the first time that the ability to add a special effect, such as this clear coating, has been made available through a fifth imaging station in a Xerox production color product,” said Jim Hamilton, group director, InfoTrends’ Production Hardware Consulting Services. “I am sure customers will be able to use it to great advantage as they create and sell value-added content that goes beyond the four process colors.”
Recent installations of the
Xerox Color 800/1000 Presses
- James River Press, together with Mailing Services Inc., will use the Xerox Color 800 Press to offer high-end variable-data print jobs to a broad spectrum of clients and prospects. The two companies, located in Richmond, Va., are producing a 5,000 piece three-part mailer with seven different versions and personalized imaging on both sides.
“All of this will be done in one pass on the Xerox Color 800,” said Easley Johnson, vice president, Sales and Marketing, James River Press. “There will be tremendous savings in time and costs running a job like this on the 800 versus offset.”
- The official printer of the Denver Broncos, Publication Printers, purchased the Xerox Color 1000 Press to broaden its digital printing capabilities. The full-service print company will use the press and its clear dry ink feature to enhance short-run color applications, variable-data print jobs and proofing web press applications.
“This new technology will amp up our digital capabilities and we expect an increase in business,” said Kerri Rosenberg-Hallet, director, Sales and Marketing, Publication Printers. “As the print-on-demand market grows, we need to constantly improve our arsenal of equipment and offerings to stay ahead of the pack.”
- Serbin Printing selected the Xerox Color 1000 Press after serving as a customer test site. “We had the opportunity to ‘kick the tires’ of the Xerox 1000 Press before it launched and we were impressed with what we saw; we knew the press could help drive our growing book business,” said Mark Serbin, president, Serbin Printing.
The Sarasota, Fla.-based full-service commercial print shop utilizes
Xerox FreeFlow® Web Services
and XMPie’s UDirect
Studio to enable more applications and new revenue streams. They have also found the
Xerox ProfitAccelerator® Business Development Tools
beneficial in attracting new customers.
- Sir Speedy Printing and Marketing Services located in eastern Tampa, is the first Sir Speedy franchise to purchase the Xerox Color 800 Press. Serving the business-to-business market, Sir Speedy will use the device to print booklets, postcards, door hangers, fliers and business cards. Personalized print jobs will be supported with XMPie’s uDirect Classic.
“We have a diverse customer base, and the applications coming off the Xerox Color 800 Press – particularly with its color quality and clear dry ink –will appeal to all of them,” said Steve Albritton, vice president, Sales and Marketing, Sir Speedy.
- Herts Display, a Xerox Premier Partner located in the U.K. and also a customer test site for the press, purchased the first two Xerox Color 1000 Presses in Europe. The printing and stationery company will use the machines to produce a wide range of applications including fliers, newsletters, brochures and variable-data documents.
“We expect the Xerox Color 1000 Press to have a massive impact on the digital printing world, giving users like Herts Display both a competitive edge and a superior product,” said Pete Watkins, director, Herts Display.