Atlantic Coast Federal Corporation Reports Improved Second Quarter 2010 Results
Atlantic Coast Federal Corporation (NASDAQ:ACFC), the holding company for Atlantic Coast Bank, today reported financial results for the second quarter and six months ended June 30, 2010. Highlights of the Company's second quarter report included:
On an after-tax basis, the Company recorded a net loss of $4.1 million or $0.31 per diluted share for the second quarter of 2010 compared with a net loss of $4.6 million or $0.36 per diluted share for the year-earlier quarter. For the first six months of 2010, the net loss totaled $6.8 million or $0.52 per diluted share compared with a net loss of $7.7 million or $0.59 per diluted share for the first six months of 2009. The Company no longer records the income tax benefit of its net losses following the establishment of a deferred tax asset valuation allowance during 2009; the income tax benefit reduced the net loss by $2.5 million and $4.2 million, respectively, in the second quarter and first six months of 2009.
"During the second quarter, credit costs remained high as we continued to confront loan quality issues aggressively," said Robert J. Larison, Jr., President and Chief Executive Officer. "During the quarter, we took advantage of an opportunity to dispose of two pools of non-performing loans, together totaling $6.3 million. This step, combined with our other efforts to work through loan problems, helped reduce the level of non-performing loans in our loan portfolio to almost one-half of the balance at June 30, 2009. Based on this ongoing progress, together with continued improvements in net interest margin, non-interest income and non-interest expense, we remain cautiously optimistic about the direction of the Company as we continue to navigate a challenging economy."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV