NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Internet retailers continue to be one of the few growth sectors within the industry.
In June, the segment saw a 1% jump in sales, according to the Commerce Department, one of the strongest segments within the sector. And the number of overall U.S. unique visitors jumped 11% year-over-year, according to ComScore. Traffic in the second quarter increased by the same percentage.
There was a snapback in online retail activity for items like computers, consumer electronics, home and garden, jewelry, music and videos, office supplies and sports and fitness.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV